So what going on in your Local? Here are a few of the key highlights from the months of February and March!
- Averted a 2nd quarter surplus in outside field techs (at&t core) from Indianapolis to Michigan City and replaced it with a voluntary buyout offer only that resulted in no surplus for these field techs. Began the process of the 1st quarter surplus with voluntary retirements with SIPP.
- Began a 2nd quarter surplus of less than 10 for core at7T. All others from 1st quarter placed or qualified for ESC.
- Welcomed over 40 new hires into our Mobility bargaining unit.
- Negotiated an extension of the Indianapolis ADT unit with a 1 year GWI.
- Made more improvements to the CWA Local 4900 app, website, and Facebook to improve communication with the membership.
- Division 3 VP, Danielle Collier-Brewer attended the first meeting of the YP Bargaining committee following a bargaining unit meeting attended by President Strong and Area Representative, Dave Towne.
- Successfully hosted 5 Common Interest Meetings with our at&t units. These CIF’s covered topics of importance to over 2/3rds of the local’s membership. The CIF’s were held around the state and included many of our Chief Stewards and elected Board members.
- Held a first quarter Executive Board Meeting where the focus was on educating our board members and carrying that education to the membership. The board also focused on fully staffing our 13 committees so that they may become fully functional for the membership.
- Sent 3 activist from across the state to a week-long “Second Year” leadership program.
- Sent multiple activist to the “Labor Notes Conference”; in which they both participated and continued to learn how to successfully fight for the membership while creating Good Jobs and Strong Communities.
- Trained nearly 20 new stewards in the Evansville bargaining group.
- Bargained and ratified a 2 year agreement with our TYCO Evansville bargaining unit.
- Successfully reached an agreement for a 2 year extension with the Avaya Bargaining unit.
- Welcomed on new Board members: Chris Allen from Anderson and Veronica Thomas from Ft Wayne!
–All of this highlight just the activities thus far this February and March. This doesn’t begin to touch on the daily fight for removal of discipline and fights to make the daily workplace better for the members of the local.
We need more of you to be active in making Good Jobs and Strong Communities!
Executive Board of CWA Local 4900