Our Contract Has Expired
How will it work?
- You will continue to work.
- You will still earn a paycheck. The company cannot change your wages or working conditions.
- All benefits, including health care, will remain in effect.
- The grievance procedure continues, but arbitration probably will not.
You have the legal right to participate in “concerted activity.” You can mobilize on the job, wear buttons and stickers, leaflet and do informational picketing.
The leadership of CWA has decided to work without a contract
We remain far apart at the bargaining table. Key issues like wages, sales compensation, scheduling, differentials, and pensions are still at stake. We believe that working without a contract is the best, strongest tactic for us right now.
- We’ll show the public that the unionized workers of AT&T Mobility care about service quality¾ even if the company doesn’t. We will do everything possible to ensure that our customers receive good service. By not striking at this time, we show our willingness to go the extra mile.
- The company expects a strike and has been preparing for one. It has been trying to convince our own co-workers to quit the Union and to cross picket lines if we strike. Why should we give them what they expect, and maybe even want? If at some point we decide it is the best tactic we have 150,000 CWA members at AT&T who will support you.
We will not simply be working as usual. Mobilization is more important than ever. Our strength in bargaining comes from a strong and visible mobilization. Make sure the company knows that we stand together behind our bargaining team. Wear red. Display signs on your cubicles, lockers, and bulletin boards. Do workplace actions, informational picketing, and rallying. Your power is what will move AT&T management at the table.